FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 01-21-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterwalt View Post
Exactly why I got it Mike...hence the "saltwaterwalt" thing...

I make at minimum two trips a year down there. I fell in love with flats boats a long time ago and then figured why the heck wouldn't they work well up here. And they do! Plus, no carpet to clean fish slime off and without a true keel like a baseboat, plus the tunnel hull, it will go SHALLOW! It's a great boat for flyfishing for carp on the flats, which is something I do just about all summer long.
Thats awesome Walt! I always thought it would be nice to have a boat with no carpet and be able to just pressure wash it off.

Mike
Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs up Crappy, Crappie ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekcrappie View Post
I hope that was a typo and that's not the way you normally say it!
Issac, actually both are correct depending where you are from ... Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, ...

Crappy, Crappie, Peecan or Pacan (Pecan).... Tomoto or tomato, Potato or Pototo ...

Now there is a definite distinction in Stripers and Strippers ... But there are a number of members that still have a problem with this. But I really liked the reply on one post about the ..I think Jack Daniels attractor works great ... I prefer Trout <'TK>< ... Note: FTI is a Certified Family orientated Site...
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Back to the GSP boat ramp options...everybody says Flippers, but whats wrong with the one right at the steam plant? Seems it would be a lot shorter of a run to the canal...looking at mapquest anyway.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 AM

From what I was told about that ramp is that it is very small and tight. Apparently when it gets busy you can not move a truck and trailer around the parking lot because it's so small. I did not go there because I did not want to chance it.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterwalt View Post
Back to the GSP boat ramp options...everybody says Flippers, but whats wrong with the one right at the steam plant? Seems it would be a lot shorter of a run to the canal...looking at mapquest anyway.
It is faster for me to drive to Flippers then it is to drive to the Steam Plant ramp.

Plus when I was in my very early 20's I had a 20' Manta Ray jet boat with a 454 with 2 4's big nice looking chrome headers, Loud as hell and bright yellow. I knew nothing about Boats, Ramps or even good common sense. I had a brand new 2 Wheel drive Nissan. The ramp use to be gravel and I back up to that ramp pretty fast and hit the brake to stop and it just started sliding in the gravel and 3.4 seconds later it was all in the water. 30 Seconds later it was all on the bottom.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
30 Seconds later it was all on the bottom.
Oops !!!!

Hammy