FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM

As long as the water doesn't get muddy, things will be the same. If the water does get muddied, fishing gets tough. What are you planning on targeting ?

Chris
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM

Anything really. I am still so new not really for sure. I always take everything and try everything. Any suggestion on what to target and a good set up and I will give it a try
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Crappie: 2" slider grubs on 1/8 oz jigheads, trout magnets, and minnows. Fish near laydowns or in eddies.

Bass: slider grubs like crappie and super fluke jr's (tx rigged). Also keep a rod with a small topwater (3"). Look for fish busting bait near the bank.

Sauger: minnows on bottom in deep water with current

Bluegill: small baits on shallow flats and near laydowns

Skippies: flashy 2"-3" baits or grubs fished erratically. The mouth is the best area, boils next best

Stripers: 3"-4" grubs or super fluke jr's on 1/4 oz jigheads fished in the boils

The vast majority of shad in there are small, around 2-3 inches, and that's what most of the fish are keying on. Stick with a "match the hatch" mentality and you have a good starting point. Don't be afraid to go as small as 1 1/2" either. You can go bigger, but I had success from the mouth to the very back with 2-3 inch slider grubs in tn shad color on a 1/8 or 1/4 oz jighead.

Chris
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM

Awesome. Thank you
Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnative View Post
Crappie: 2" slider grubs on 1/8 oz jigheads, trout magnets, and minnows. Fish near laydowns or in eddies.

Bass: slider grubs like crappie and super fluke jr's (tx rigged). Also keep a rod with a small topwater (3"). Look for fish busting bait near the bank.

Sauger: minnows on bottom in deep water with current

Bluegill: small baits on shallow flats and near laydowns

Skippies: flashy 2"-3" baits or grubs fished erratically. The mouth is the best area, boils next best

Stripers: 3"-4" grubs or super fluke jr's on 1/4 oz jigheads fished in the boils

The vast majority of shad in there are small, around 2-3 inches, and that's what most of the fish are keying on. Stick with a "match the hatch" mentality and you have a good starting point. Don't be afraid to go as small as 1 1/2" either. You can go bigger, but I had success from the mouth to the very back with 2-3 inch slider grubs in tn shad color on a 1/8 or 1/4 oz jighead.

Chris
You forgot the 14 inch skipjack on an 8/0 circle hook

Jim
Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 AM

Yeah that was me out there Monday. We ended up having a pretty good day
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Tried it, no luck. Also dragged a mooneye around to no avail.

Chris
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM

In going to give it a shot here in a few. It's windy but still hope to catch something . I'll be in a bass tracker if you see. It has an expired registration sticker on it. Waiting on my new one.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdkxtreme View Post
It has an expired registration sticker on it. Waiting on my new one.
Remind's me of a guy in an old ranger pickup we were stuck behind Thanksgiving weekend. I told my wife, "Look there he's got a tail light out and a cop just past both of us. If it was me he'd pulled me over." Then, I noticed his tags had expired back in 1994 as well.

Some people got the luck...and some are like me.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
Remind's me of a guy in an old ranger pickup we were stuck behind Thanksgiving weekend. I told my wife, "Look there he's got a tail light out and a cop just past both of us. If it was me he'd pulled me over." Then, I noticed his tags had expired back in 1994 as well.

Some people got the luck...and some are like me.
I have the temporary . Just waiting on the sticker.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Well I made it to the GSP. Not as intimidating as I thought it would be. I had no idea what to do when I got there. Several other boats in there as well. Everyone seemed nice and courtious. I caught a Drum, A small ( Very Small ) Stripe and a few small Gills. I did not stay too long. I will try it agin once I have some sort of game plan for it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Last time at GSP I got stuck next to island while driving wifey around showing her. Had to jump out of boat and push, was summer time luckly. thanks for map on where to go. I might head there Sunday morning if weather is ok. Champion center console. Would be awesome to ride with someone or I can drive in the future as I am new to the area as well. Thanks
....btw fished under OHD only small sauger being caught and some crappie and white bass. Few keepers, still a little early, and not enough generation. Had a kind soul give me his fish on Friday, if he is a member on this site plz say Hi!
I dont post much....dont catch much, lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Made it to the steam plant today caught a bunch of yellow bass and three Tilapia. First time of ever catching a Tilipia.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian37075 View Post
Made it to the steam plant today caught a bunch of yellow bass and three Tilapia. First time of ever catching a Tilipia.
I just googled a Tilapia. I caught one. I had no idea what it was so I just chucked it back..lol..
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian37075 View Post
Arkansas stocks Tilapia in a couple of lakes...or used to. They did it for forage but found out they die when the water hits mid 50's. They continued to stock them and when the Fall of the year came and they got close to dying off they would allow people to go out and keep as many as they caught....so they wouldn't go to waste. I am assuming it is because of the GSP that they are able to winter over there. Some reports say they can't take water lower than mid 60's. I was eating the things in Saudi back in 1980. They thrived in fish farms in that hot climate. Do they fight good?...I have read that on UL tackle they can be a lot of fun.

Regards