FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM

Agelessone,

Lighter boat w/75 HP motor will cut my gas costs way down. A mechanic told me the most fuel efficient range was 3000 RPM so I'll try that for awhile and see how it does.

Once you get healed up it will only mean you will go twice as much now you can get in skinny water. Hope the healing process is going well for you. Let me know when you want to wet a line together.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

MPD816,

I'm still switching stuff off my bass boat to the aluminum boat. Got the trolling motors swapped, front graph (Humminbird 597 ci HD DI) swapped and hooked up, console mounted 997 csi SI swapped out with the transducers mounted. Just need to hot wire it.

Today I'm swapping out my new Optima Blue Top batteries from the bass boat to the other and vice versa, then hooking up all the wiring. I want to look at all the pumps on the new boat as I may have to replace or add as needed. I expect to go fishing this weekend or maybe Friday. Thinking about going below Old Hickory dam and jigging for some walleye/sauger. Are you available?

Already got a trip planned with fishwhisperer for Nov 8, going to Cordell Hull dam. I've got to make up for lost time! Need to get out on JPP and try for for more crappie too.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:38 AM

Agelessone,

I finally have a free weekend, actually both days. Let me know if you can't find anybody. Will go in half with you if you want to take your boat. I am by no means looking for honey holes but I would just like to learn what I should be looking for and what techniques I should be using. Heck I would buy you lunch somewhere if you just wanted to sit and talk about it. Just let me know and I can meet you or pick you up. How do you like the 597? Is the DI any good? I definitely need better electronics.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

MPD816,

Let's make some tentative plans for Saturday morning as that looks like the best day of the weekend. I'll show you just a few techniques for crappie fishing such as trolling crankbaits (which probably won't work well this time of year, but you'll see what I use, lures, speeds, etc.). We'll jig some brushpiles with bobbers and minnows and then do some vertical jigging with just jigs.

I'm going to try to finish up my boat today and test it out on the water, hopefully Friday. Today, I'll be switching out the batteries, hooking up the electrics, checking out why the livewell pump doesn't work in the front. I'll probably have to buy a couple of bigger pumps anyway as the rear livewell pumps like a 65 year old man peeing! (LOL, I know because that would be me.)

Let's meet for breakfast somewhere in the Mt. Juliet area at 6:30 AM. I exit I-40 at the 226 exit. Gotta be some place in that area where we can meet and greet and have a chat before we head over to Long Hunter to launch.

Here's my phone number in case we miss connecting somehow or plans change at the last minute. Merv Johnson....615-635-3783