FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 09-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
A frog slammed my popper one day fly fishing for bluegill.

I heard a dinner bell!!!!! I used to fish a pond that was loaded with them. I'd take a trick worm and pull it across the moss in front of them and load the cooler up with them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lforet2002 View Post
Being from Louisiana, it wasn't uncommon to snag a gator now and then. Only difference was when we snagged a gator he usually ended up in the cooler with the rest of the days catch and a 22 to the back of the head.

See...I'm not messing with no gator. He would end up with some new jewelry in his mouth cause....naw!!

Old 09-17-2016, 02:07 PM

I caught 2 hellbenders on a trotline a couple years ago on the Cumberland, and an eel a few weeks later on a limbline on the Duck.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:41 PM

If I hang a gator, he gets to keep his new piercing. I don't care if it is a $15 whopper plopper.

That is a big frog. We use to go frog gigging, and rarely seen them that big..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
When I first started dating my wife 1999 we went to priest at vivrett Creek area where there is that walk with rocks all the way around it. I was throwing a small curly tail grub. It appeared to be a family of snakes at the base of the rocks one actually launched at it hooked himself I bit off the line turned around and my wife was..well pretty much in the car. Good news is she later made me buy a boat. Lol

Now that's funny! Great way to make it easy to buy a boat!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 PM

Ive caught many a bird in my day mostly gulls or pelicans fishing the piers on saltwater. I've caught lobster, octopus, squid, eels and crabs bottom fishing too in saltwater. The weirdest thing I ever caught was a giant starfish I hooked him in the underside so the only thing I can think of was he was walking over my bait when I set the hook. The weirdest thing I've ever seen "caught" was Salty snagged an mostly intact deer carcass once in a deep cove on my boat. After the initial holy crap is that a person we figured out what it was.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishaholic View Post
Ive caught many a bird in my day mostly gulls or pelicans fishing the piers on saltwater. I've caught lobster, octopus, squid, eels and crabs bottom fishing too in saltwater. The weirdest thing I ever caught was a giant starfish I hooked him in the underside so the only thing I can think of was he was walking over my bait when I set the hook. The weirdest thing I've ever seen "caught" was Salty snagged an mostly intact deer carcass once in a deep cove on my boat. After the initial holy crap is that a person we figured out what it was.

Glad it wasn't a person. That'd be a new episode of csild hickory!!! 😂😂😂

Old 10-17-2016, 03:49 PM

Cool

Rod and reels, and even a crank bait I had lost the previous day on the same spot. (I even caught a limit of keeper Bass on OH this year, go figure)
Old 10-21-2016, 11:36 AM

Last year on the OH I hooked the biggest muscle i had ever seen dragging a jig in fast water
Old 10-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Fishing Fool

I've had them close down on all kinds of lures. Biggest one I've caught was about 5 inches around

Old 10-22-2016, 02:25 AM
hogdawg

Buddy and I were fishing OHL one day with jerk baits. He was trying to get used to using a baitcast and got a backlash. He was trailing the bait behind the boat when all of a sudden he felt a tug on the line and when he jerked an owl fell out of the sky into the water. It had swooped down and picked it up while it was trailing behind the boat.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdawg View Post
Buddy and I were fishing OHL one day with jerk baits. He was trying to get used to using a baitcast and got a backlash. He was trailing the bait behind the boat when all of a sudden he felt a tug on the line and when he jerked an owl fell out of the sky into the water. It had swooped down and picked it up while it was trailing behind the boat.

That's a first! The bird I caught had been stalking our baits all morning. As I was working the popper, current pulled it to a floating tree pile and he was sitting there. He dove on it, I jerked trying to get it away from him and it was too late! It's weird wrestling a bird out of the sky and trying to keep from hurting him and getting the lure out of his beak. But I couldn't help but laugh!!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:31 AM
hogdawg

My brother was fishing a spinnerbait one time and threw it toward one of those birds and it took off right about the time the bait got there and it wrapped right around its wing. It was funny watching him having to snatch it out of the sky several times to get it to the boat. When we got it up to the side, he was snapping his beak and it sounded like a pair of scissors.