FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 04-19-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Crappie fishing on old hickory has hit its sweet spot! We watched a guy fish some brush piles we put out ourselves, for hours!! I'm glad that we have successfully made a good crappie bed for all these guys to rape and pillage!! Lol j/k......sort of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't no secrets no mo! It sucks to have a spot that you found or made only to find people fishing it when you get there. I'm fishing JPP tomorrow after work and hope that my honey hole is open. I will be in the yak and it's a pretty good paddle to just to get there and have someone sitting on it.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 PM

I normally fish Priest but decided to test out OH at Shuttes Branch last Sunday. Finished the day with three 4+lb fish, including two on b2b cast on the small island to the right of the boat ramp. What I learned was: Trying to cross the main channel -- in mid-April no less -- with a 14-foot boat is dumb. First time I've ever felt scared that I was going to flip...and I'm ultra-conservative to a fault with a 25 hp. Second, I caught a ton of 6-8 inchers, which was weird considering you almost never catch those types at Priest. Not that Priest's bass are big, but a vast majority are 12in+. I got to the ramp in 45 min from Franklin which is quicker than getting to Fate Sanders or Pooles Knob. I assume boat traffic only going to be worse moving forward, however.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Ain't no secrets no mo! It sucks to have a spot that you found or made only to find people fishing it when you get there. I'm fishing JPP tomorrow after work and hope that my honey hole is open. I will be in the yak and it's a pretty good paddle to just to get there and have someone sitting on it.
i have the perfect solution to that....just put your homemade cover where nobody else will want to fish....now, the downside would be no fish there either, but hey, aside from the pleasure boaters and guys that just cruise by watching everybody else....you should have the place all to yourself! lol
Old 04-20-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
i have the perfect solution to that....just put your homemade cover where nobody else will want to fish....now, the downside would be no fish there either, but hey, aside from the pleasure boaters and guys that just cruise by watching everybody else....you should have the place all to yourself! lol

That is correct. Peaceful fishing with no catching.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:38 AM

I usually hit the river on busy holiday weekends when i want to fish. Sauger, bass, stripers, cats, drum.....they all bite good and next to no boat traffic! win win!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post

Oh I know...it don't bother me one bit. The guy didn't fish all of them, just one. Lol. With today's electronics and maps it's hard to keep secrets of any kind.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennarl View Post
I normally fish Priest but decided to test out OH at Shuttes Branch last Sunday. Finished the day with three 4+lb fish, including two on b2b cast on the small island to the right of the boat ramp. What I learned was: Trying to cross the main channel -- in mid-April no less -- with a 14-foot boat is dumb. First time I've ever felt scared that I was going to flip...and I'm ultra-conservative to a fault with a 25 hp. Second, I caught a ton of 6-8 inchers, which was weird considering you almost never catch those types at Priest. Not that Priest's bass are big, but a vast majority are 12in+. I got to the ramp in 45 min from Franklin which is quicker than getting to Fate Sanders or Pooles Knob. I assume boat traffic only going to be worse moving forward, however.

I was worried about the boat traffic and water conditions when we left from black jack cove to go back to rockland and we were in an 18'6" triton! From having to dodge the debris and floaters, other boats, and the big ass cruiser boats and their 3-4 foot wakes, it was hairy to save the least. All I could do was try and get on top of the water and hope for the best!! Lol. We looked like a bassmaster elite guy coming across that water!!