FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 10-19-2011, 06:13 PM

Default Percy Hybrids

Hey Folks,

A friend and I are hitting JPP in search of some hybrids and stripers on Saturday Morning. Neither of us have ever been on the lake with boat. I hear they are hitting well this time of year. Does any of you have any suggestions of what to try and what to look for and areas to target. I don't need any specific spots, just have never targeted them on a lake from a boat before. I don't know if they are shallow, deep, both or any of that. Any info would be greatly appreciated and we will definitely let you know how the day goes! Until then...FISH ON!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Boles

I don't want to seem negative but typically the hybrids will disperse from their schools when the water cools off this time of year. This time of year I stop fishing for them, you can still catch them...but you may not find many together...that said if you're in a boat ride the channel ledge and look for bait...if there's no bait...keep moving.
Take Care
Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 AM

You can check the Seven Points area in the channel. I have seen a lot of bait on the sonar right outside the Long Hunter Park boat ramp just outside the "no wake" buoys. It appears the thermocline is right at 20 - 22 ft. Get some shad/shiners and drop em in that area where bait is strong, preferably in morning or before dusk and see how that does. If no bait, try spoons or deep diving crankbaits.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 AM

I'm With both previous posts. they do get a little scarce this time of year. I would work at the longhunter, bryants grove , hobson bridge stretch of lake. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:05 PM

I don't know Priest even 1/100th as well as I know Old Hickory. Look for bait and keep an eye out for gulls. It's hit or miss this time of year but I talked to a guy the other day who has been catching a few. Slow troll shiners or deep crankbaits and be prepared to cover some ground.

bd
Old 10-21-2011, 05:30 AM

Thanks guys, we will see what happens, now i hear the trip may not happen. But hopefully can get out!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Default hybrids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
Hey Folks,

A friend and I are hitting JPP in search of some hybrids and stripers on Saturday Morning. Neither of us have ever been on the lake with boat. I hear they are hitting well this time of year. Does any of you have any suggestions of what to try and what to look for and areas to target. I don't need any specific spots, just have never targeted them on a lake from a boat before. I don't know if they are shallow, deep, both or any of that. Any info would be greatly appreciated and we will definitely let you know how the day goes! Until then...FISH ON!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Smile hybrids on priest

hybrids are hitting on priest fishing flats off the channel.on bass assassin 2in.chartreuse & white.not any keepers 13to14 inch all released. also catching nice size channel cats on chiken liver & night crawlers. caught 20 nice cats monday. the hybrids like livers too.
also caught crappie.crank baits 200seriesfat warts 10 to12feet.all caught monday.
winter pull down of the lake is in progress.will be back on water when this cold front passes.
bigun
Old 10-28-2011, 10:59 AM

White bass are being caught bank fishing at Jefferson Springs Park, J. Percy Priest.