FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Fishing Gear
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-24-2016, 12:08 AM

Default Rain gear - H2O parka from Academy?

Looking for opinions on this $69.99 product. Can't be as good as bps or cabelas stuff but for the price and how I don't seek out rainy days to fish, I am curious. Sure I will get rained on some but I hate to spend tons of money on a parka. Anyone got it?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:05 AM

There are decent reviews on their web site and if you do a Google search you can get tons of information. I bought a Frogg Toggs Toad Rage jacket and really like it. Had they had the Firebelly Toadz jacket available when I bought mine I would have gone with that. Go to the Frogg Toggs web site and check out all their Toadz series jackets, you can buy direct on line.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordty View Post
Looking for opinions on this $69.99 product. Can't be as good as bps or cabelas stuff but for the price and how I don't seek out rainy days to fish, I am curious. Sure I will get rained on some but I hate to spend tons of money on a parka. Anyone got it?
Not sure the exact one they have for that price, but I have their Blue color H20 set (parka and bibs) and I love it. Not heavy or bulky, they breathe some so you don't sweat too horrible. Lots of pockets. For the price, I would recommend it.
I have had mine for just a tad over a year, so I can't speak on lifespan, but like you, I don't pick rainy days to fish to see if it handles lots of use and abuse.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Fishing Fool

I have the h2o bib and jacket set and love them. I recommend them. Can't beat the price or quality. Kept me warm and dry so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk