View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAS_5150 View Post
Went back to port today. Went to Bluecat for the first time this year. Crappie are definitely bigger in that lake than shellcracker, but there is not as many. Witnessed some huge bass spawning which was pretty cool. Caught a ton of fish, however, jmull65 did outfish me lol. Freezer is FULL of crappie! Had an awesome time without a boat and knowledge of the rest of middle TN
Bluecat is full of 8 to 10 inch BlackNose Crappie. Last week I caught over 200 in 3 days of fishing from the bank. Fished by the ramp next to the metal box that is in the water. The fish were not two feet out from the bank...hanging at just where the water drops off. I fish at Nickajak and catch a lot of 14 to 16 inch Crappie. I don't keep any of those from Williamsport. Since getting my kayak I confirmed what I thought...the lake is loaded with those size Crappie. TWRA never stocked it with Crappie...so someone must have put some in there and they have taken off. Once each year.....for the past three....I have caught one 16 inch Black Nose Crappie from Bluecat. If you have never seen a 16 inch Black Nose it is a big fish. While the Crappie look healthy enough they should have a lot more girth on them than they do. A ten inch Crappie form Nickajack will almost weigh twice what a ten inch Crappie will weigh from Bluecat. There are plenty of shad for forage but yet the Crappie are just not as heavy as they should be. Went out Monday to test anchor on kayak and caught Crappie all over the place...then finally located a Gill bed that had really nice size fish. Lost my Trout Magnet jig on a hangup and reached down in my kayak to get my Trout Magnet box and it wasn't there. I had left it at the boat ramp rushing to get in the water. Rushed back to get it but too late...someone took it. Checked with the manager there and no one turned it in. There was a hundred bucks worth of Trout Magnet stuff in there. My fault for leaving it there but sure wish whoever took it would turn it in.

Regards