View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Favorite Pass time ... TK

The wife and I enjoy the nature... We set out on our Veranda and capture a lot of nature ... Last week a Great Egret (Totally White and 1/2 again the size of a Blue Heron) flew in and started devouring a few frogs around the pond ... About 30 feet from us ... They travel from the coast line from Texas to New England ... But in the Summer they head our way ...

Also a "Least Bittern" a Marsh/Swamp bird who comes from Louisiana every year and hatches her eggs around our pond ... Now of coarse I didn't have my Camera out there with me ... (Look these up!!)

Now my property being almost backed up to Cedar Of Lebanon State Park and In my 33 years of residence here I have and am use to a lot of Creatures ... Bobcat, Red Fox, Turkey, Deer, And also on the flyway for the Sand Hill Crane.. Oh did I mention my pesty Raccoon that makes my life miserable !! And numerous Birds of all species that we feed of coarse ...

Here are two pic's of a Doe that comes down every evening and partakes of the corn and mineral rock I leave out ... I also have a young 4 point buck that does the same But I did not have my Camera with me "as usual" ... Now the wife and I go about our regular activities while they are here .. Cooking on the grill, talking etc ... And they are about 75 feet from us .. They really don't pay us much attention ... We love it !! ...TK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2527 (2).JPG (1.38 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2528 (2).JPG (896.6 KB, 12 views)