Thread: Barrel swivels
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGER View Post
The Nanofil, is it a flurocarbon line?
Does it disappear under water the way fluro does?
It is same material as braid....but not like any other braid....it is in a single filament. The pros are: Cast ability......it will out cast any line on the market. It is very sensitive. The line manages extremely well on the reel. A spool will last you a long time. The negatives are: no abrasion resistance and the cost....can't use it on a casting reel...only spinning reels. I used the stuff for well over a year and nothing else. It needs a fluorocarbon leader no matter the specie you fish for. It comes in 3 colors...white....a Hi-Vis and a moss green. I tried all 3 colors....I couldn't see any color better than the other. In 2# test the line is only .002 inches....the 1# test....and yes I used 1# test from time to time on smaller Gills and had a ball with the stuff....it is only .001. I just got to where it was hard to see the line so it is on my shelf. I landed many fish in the 4-6 pound range with the 2# test...it is some strong stuff. May try it again sometime but for well over a year I loved the stuff and if I could see it better it would still be on my reels. This thread has made me think about using it again. With the 2# test get you can cast a Trout Magnet a mile....LOL.

Regards