Thread: Help us!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Dakota S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub J View Post
Hey guys, My name is Jason and Ive been reading/observing the site and have to say I love it. Me and my buddy paul have been fishing for a few years now and we feel like we are just "Guessing" how to catch bass. Sure, we watch all the shows and try to use all the right baits but it seems something is missing. We generally fish OHL and cumberland towards ashland city. My Question is, how do we get good? I know that sounds like a dumb question, or mabye just relative, but seriously........how do you figure out when they spawn and where, moon positioning, bait choice, color, water temp, offshore structure, etc, etc, I watch Bill Dance every chance I get. But he just doesnt satisfy my curiosity for knowledge. Is there a book I need to read? Should I just fish with guys that know, and learn from them? I want to stop the guessing. I talk to pros that I know and they say just plug it out man.....youll figure it out eventually. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Go when ever you can!!
Break the lake/river down into small lakes/rivers. Dont get overwhelmed on covering every square foot of the lake/river in a day. Find a confidence bait for all water depths and get really really good at them. We all have confindence baits. I love fishing a jig with netbait trailer. Try it and throw it into cover. Dont be worried about hanging up, its more weedless that you think. I like to fish for many species which keeps it interesting. Make notes/remember what happened that day/year. Ask other anglers, who fish the same areas. Just have fun and be safe out there. Enjoy, Dakota