View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM
"Rather be Fishing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben30 View Post
I live in bellevue (west Nashville) and i really want to fish somewhere from the bank of the cumberland river ive been fishing the harpeth river caught a few catfish crappie and a ton of bluegill....but now i want to try my hand at the cumberland. Anyone know of some good bank fishing spots on the cumberland i can fishin from that remotely close. I been thinking about running up to scottboro and fishing from the boat put in on old hickory blvd.
I fished the boat launch in scottsboro at the end of OHB once with no luck. But I have learned can't judge a fishing hole by visiting once. When I fish the river from the bank, I have found that below a dam is the best bang for your buck. I like River fishing because the fish are tighly together unlike in a lake. May try Cheatham dam tail race. Catch skipjack with sabaki rig or 2" grubs on a spinning rod & reel below the dam in current. Or if shad running a castnet or dipnet will produce plenty of bait. Nightcrawlers and all the other stuff work, But I swear by cutbait for catfish. Good Luck! and have fun!