Thread: Oh 4/9
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM

Default Oh 4/9

Well today was much better than the other day when I got skunked. I had 7 keepers today and a handful of short fish. But I got my heart broke today. I broke off a giant bass. I hate to even guess how big she was but she was way over 6lbs. It probably would have been my biggest bass ever. The first spot I fished was a row of stake beds. There is about 10 of them lined up close together. My first flip I got bit and missed the fish. I ended up with 3 fish out of those beds. They are right by the ramp I put in and so I fished them again before I left. I started where I missed the first fish. I flipped my tube in there and pulled out a little backlash I had. When I started reeling in my slack I noticed my line swimming off. I reeled down and set the hook and this fish had swam about 15 feet out of that stake bed but my line was wrapped up in the bed. She made an attempt to jump but she was so big she couldn't get out of the water and that's when I got a good look at her. I got her all the way back to the stake bed and she was wrapped up tight and then my line broke. I was devastated! I retied and flipped in the same stake bed and got crushed again! Swing and a miss and no more bites. All of the fish I caught today came off isolated cover in 2-5 fow and they were caught on a squarebill, spinnerbait, and flipping a tube.