View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I agree Pokie, if you are buying anything do it right or save the money to do it right. I know I haven't gotten all the mileage out of my Curado E Series, but I have a few right hand cranking reels and I'm trying to get everything over to left hand crank. I do all my own service on guns and reels. I supertune reels, make my own drags, polish, and modify. My reels are in 100% mechanical working condition, maybe a little boat rash or a small cosmetic blemish, but as for mechanical condition and cleanliness they are pristine.

I like my Shimano's, but I have some Daiwa's that will go head to head with my Shimano's. I received 8 Revo SX's for service last week, and they are ok, but nothing special. After some time working on the inside they are better, but still not as good as my factory Curado E Series. The only thing the Revo has on my Curado's is drag pressure, but who really cares about drag pressure over 11lbs anyway especially in freshwater. I would rather have a silky smooth 5-6lb drag than a non constant 20lb drag.

Here's my bench
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141028_200905[1].jpg (2.03 MB, 30 views)