View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 10:04 PM

Well, that was interesting. Here is me crying in my beer.
I have fished very little over the last 3 years. I have a 98 225 Evinrude on a 200 pro vee Bumble Bee. Well, I started having an intermittent problem. Like it would go into limp mode. No horns, lights.....nothing but 1500 to 2000 rpm. I took it to a local shop to have it looked at. Don't you know they ran close to 30 gallons of gas and ran like a champ. I had left the boat with them 2 years in a row. They did replace a couple things and ir ran stronger but still went into limp mode. So I bought an OMC service manual. The timer base tested bad so I replaced it and had it timed. Ran great for several trip when the weather was cool. When the air temp went over 70 degrees....boom...limp mode. So here we are today. I have replaced the stator, power pack twice once was me and once was the mechanic. All the plugs plug wires and the kill switch.
Thanks to Mercury, I have now been waiting on a new motor 2 or 3 years now. I got a price for 225 at local boat dealer, needless I am still in shock !!!!
I am ready for another test drive. Hopefully it is fixed. Only a couple more things can cause this. Temp sensor oil sensor, I do not get a horn when is goes into limp mode. The shift switch test good. Maybe it can get stuck on stupid, too. I will investigate the kill switch and wires if this continues. So how has your year been going?