View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Mixed a 50/50 distilled white vinegar & water mixture to clean the hard water scum build-up off the boat this evening. It really takes it off effortlessly and leaves it super shiny!

Got me a fresh can of Turtle Wax ICE paste wax and a buffing wheel and a few different bonnets. That should do a decent job of keeping it fairly polished right? I know i SHOULD spray it down and wipe it off after i take it out of the water everytime to keep the build up off.

Gotta get this beast ready and looking good for the river this fall/winter. Lol.

Hopefully the vinegar smell wont stick around long. Its a little stout smelling, but it works better than any store bought product ive tried. Windex would work a little, but took alot of scrubbing. No black boats for me again. Lol

I have aluminum boat.....battleship grey with black graphics. I keep it wiped down religiously....that doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else....LOL. I use a wet towel to wipe down first.....then I use Ice spray detailer to take off the water spots before they have time to set. It is same with my motor....black Mercury. When I get home I use Ice spray wax and wipe it down again. While the bottom of the hull is scratched up as I do beach it having to launch by myself 95 percent of the time the boat still looks brand new. I have thought about trying a sealant on the boat.....just goes on like wax.....and see how it does. I can only imagine how tough it is to keep water spots off a black paint job.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk