View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Blue Cat Lake 10/22/2014

Hit Williamsport early this morning and fished Blue Cat from the bank....a little too much wind for me in the kayak. Caught a ton of crappie, shell cracker, and Gills. I decided to measure the crappie today just to see how many would be legal. To my surprise several dozen were legal. But as the board shows...just barely. So I guess for those fishing there and wanting to take home some legal crappie one could do it....but they sure don't compare with the crappie from JPP.....Nickajack....Kentucky Lake. The crappie were straight out from the bank all along the dam. If you wanted to stay in one spot you could have caught all the crappie you wanted but I was moving looking for shell cracker. The shell cracker were up close to the bank all along the dam and the rocky banks. The Gills were out deeper with the crappie. All the fish were caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/16 ounce jig head using 2# test line. You won't catch a bunch of 8-9 inch Gills out of Blue Cat but you will catch a bunch of 7 inch fish with a really good girth. I caught one cross.....part Gill and part shell cracker. It is the 7 inch fish on the board that looks like a short fat shell cracker...but it is a cross between the two specie. It was a great morning with a lot of fish caught. The Gills and shell cracker putting up a good fight. Will probably put kayak in tomorrow morning.....weather calls for light wind tomorrow....and fish one more day before heading up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Life is good!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0859 Blue Cat.jpg (710.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0861 Blue Cat.jpg (757.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0862 Blue Cat.jpg (800.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0863 Blue Cat.jpg (909.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0864 Blue Cat.jpg (979.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0866 Blue Cat.jpg (785.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0867 Blue Cat.jpg (949.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0868 Blue Cat.jpg (647.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0860 Blue Cat.jpg (705.8 KB, 50 views)