View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I remain hopeful this is something you can have corrected with the warranty. I have been planning on the Gen3 HDS7 for the console and have just wanted to watch and see for a while on the longevity aspect of the product before I drop a few thousand. I do find this disturbing, I always worry about Planned Obsolescence with brands once they have defined it as an element of their marking program. Using this technique on the premium line is a surefire way to destroy the brand name.
What is so funny is I have a Eagle fish finder from 1990 that has survived being duct taped to the bow of two flat bottoms and still functions flawlessly. Again, we remain hopeful the product warranty will rectify the issues your having.

Go with a Garmin 93sv instead of spending thousands of dollars, you spend 700 and in my opinion have just as good of a unit, with a bigger screen. I got mine off eBay for $699 brand new and love it. There are three features I don't have that lowrance hds does. 1) no engine readout features
2) no overlay on the maps, which is really nice to have
3) not touch screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk