View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAS_5150 View Post
Pretty knew to the forum so first off I'd like to say hello to everybody and thanks fishingtn for having somewhere to provide fishing reports and what not.

I moved to TN almost 11 years ago this July I'm from Nebraska. When I lived in Nebraska fishing was my biggest hobby. I LOVE walleye fishing and when I caught one here (on the Duck River near Chappel Hill) last summer I was sold on fishing in TN and ever since then it has become my biggest hobby again. I mean I'll go 3-4 times a week if I can.

As much as I love fishing finding a place to go without a boat has been a huge challenge. I tried the Riverside Dam Friday and Saturday and spent many hours. I can't believe I've never been there before because it looked like an awesome spot and there is even a bait shop right by it that actually sells real minnows and even shinners. I'm from the Spring Hill area so it only takes like 15-20 minutes to get there.

Ok enough about me haha, my question is this, does this spot provide good fishing? All I caught was a whole lot of drum and skipjack (well i did catch a decent crappie, a small smallmouth, a very small largemouth, and a rock bass) yeah I guess some people will say at least you were catching fish and I should share that attitude, however, this is the perfect time of year to catch smallies and I was just a little disappointed because I thought I finally found a real spot close by where I didn't need a boat. I don't want to give up on that spot, but at the same time I don't want to waste my time going back to that place if there aren't quality fish (big lm bass, big sm bass, very, very big cat, etc. (I'm sure there isn't walleye).

I do plan on getting a boat but that just isn't in my budget at the moment maybe 2 months away when it's too hot to catch fish haha.

Anybody know anything about that spot or have any suggestions on other places I can bank fish I would greatly appreciate it. Pretty much every place I fish at has a curfew and I really do like catfishing but I would rather not have to pay a fine just because I fish at night.
Sorry for such a long post

Thanks,
Chris
I live 5 minutes from where you are fishing. Unfortunately it is not a good spot. The Wiiliamsport Lakes do provide a little bank access and one of the lakes is managed as a trophy Bass lake and has Cherokee Bass in it...which is a cross between a White Bass and a Striped Bass. Below the dam at Normandy you can get into the Walleye. Down at Summertown is Laurel Hill Lake. It is great place to fish from the bank for Catfish....but the lake closes an half hour after sunset. Until my recent purchase of kayaks I too was a bank fisherman. But I drove all over the state and it took years to finds all my spots. Wish I could be more help.

Regards