View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM

We've had this discussion on this forum a dozen times before. For everyone who actually participates in this forum and shares information, there are bunches who just quietly read and never share. This thread, for example, has 4 posts and already over 300 views. A number of those people will keep and fillet every single fish they catch. Creeks and small ponds don't stand up to fishing pressure like a large lake does. In the past, I have seen online publicity cause some good stretches to get "loved to death" after an access site got a lot of online attention.

I'll happily share information privately with friends about good fishing spots, but I am too protective of good places to want to direct an online world full of folks with stringers and buckets (or cast nets and worse) to clean out the places I like to fish. I found the places I fish through years of scouting, reading maps, and paying dues. Why would I want to make it easy for someone I don't know to come along and fish those places out? If that's "hoarding," so be it.

bd