View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:10 PM

Default Opinions on value of a boat

Hello fellow fishermen. I appreciate the knowledge base here on FishingTN and would like to ask a favor of your opinions on something. My long time fishing buddy died 10 years ago and I was lucky enough to buy his boat from his wife after the dust settled, and now, one of his two sons has expressed an interest in maybe buying it from me. I have been thinking about selling it anyway, as I don't seem to ever have much time to use it anymore,and was always going to give his boys first dibs on it if I ever did sell it. I would love to just hand him the keys to it, but I can't financially do that, and that probably wouldn't be good for him either, but I'd like to sell it to him at a more than fair price, but I really don't have an idea of what fair market value would be for it. It's a 1988 Ranger 373v with a 1987 Merc BlackMax 150 on it. I've taken good care of it for 10 years, it looks pretty good, and the motor runs like a scalded dog, although it is very fond of gasoline, as I've read these motors are. It has very good compression on all cylinders. I've converted the oil injection back to just mixing the oil with the gas (runs much better!) and done other improvements over the years. Tires are good,. A few minor things need doing, like the trailer hubs need seal replacement (I've just always greased them often-they sling a little grease from the inside seals) One bank on the inboard charger is out, probably could use a new impeller-I replaced 3 years ago, but it's probably time to do it. A few other little things could use some attention, but nothing major. I'm going to try and attach some pictures (I hope) and if anyone could give me an idea of what you think it might be worth, I'd appreciate it, or if you know of a good website to determine value, that would be great too. Thanks very much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0647 (1).jpg (157 Bytes, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0649 (2).jpg (157 Bytes, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0647.jpg (157 Bytes, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0651.JPG (2.33 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by wormdunker; 08-03-2020 at 06:44 AM. Reason: add images