View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:59 PM

Default Memorial day weekend special

Spent the last 2 days on the Caney Fork again fishing trout. Yesterday morning the bite was on and caught a lot of fish. I used 4 different baits before I settled on a nickel daredevil spoon.. Nothing else worked as well as the spoon..Used a pearch colored spoon too and had success..Today though was a lot tougher.. Caught 2 fish on the spoons.. Today was the day the trout magnet dominated the fish.. I primarily used a white trout magnet under a cork..Tried a chartreuse color too but had no luck with it.. Also tried the corkless twitch method but caught nothing..All the fish were in the 10-12" range but I did manage to catch a 19" rainbow that put up a hell of a fight.. Didn't get any pics from today as my phone crapped out on me but I did manage a few pics from yesterday. I decided to keep a limit today and plan on smoking them tomorrow for Memorial Day..Got em soaking in a brine as we speak.. Anyways I want to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day, and lets not forget the meaning of the holiday as we honor our fallen soldiers..