View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Made it back and a thanks to the young man who sent me a PM. Caught SM and Kat yesterday and this morning and I believe the bite was hindered by the cold front around 0930 and I simply choose not to fight 20+mph winds, therefore I called it around 1400 today. There were several Kat being caught on jugs and a few walleye here and there in the evening, however those rascals eluded me once again. WT 69-72*, water color remains moderately clear to 6-10'+-. Swimbait's continue to produce, tubes in addition. I spoke to a friend and his brother who did fair on the Bream/Shellcrackers with some SM action to boot. I talked to a few bank fishermen who were catching some Crappie on jigs and minnows at the dam and they obliged me in retrieving a spinner bait I rocketed in a tree last night on a foul cast. One fella did very well pitching shiners with a solid reward...all this prior to today's cool snap.
Any-hoo all fun and another shout-out to Mitch and Thomas at Horse Creek for being such stand up folks.