View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
A couple years ago I was In Boca Grande Fl....Where I was staying at was 26 miles from Boca Grande Pass by water (30-35 min trip in decent conditions on my ski)....I took 2 trips to the Pass for some Tarpon fishing on my Waverunner...First trip went great ...even caught @ 40 lb Tarpon....Second trip a couple days later I went to the Pass mid morning....glass smooth on the way out but the wind came up (checked the weather, wasnt supposed to blow as hard as it did), when I went to head back as the wind was blowing pretty decent, I came around a barrier point....that was blocking a lot of the wind, I came around and I was faced with 3-4ft seas with 5-6ft rogue rollers thrown in for fun ()....I came across an area that was some what shallow and clear where you could see the sandy bottom...as I went across it I saw 2 BIG dark shadows heading my way,they went right under my ski ....felt a thud on the bottom as they went by....scared the crap out of me...took almost 2 hours to make it back to the ramp because of the water state, about 30 mins after dark....was told that Bull Sharks are every where in that area.....
Last couple world record hammerheads came out of Boca Grande Pass too...