View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntrout View Post
I know this is somewhat unrelated but to show you how things have changed, when I was in high school(graduated in 1984) me and all my buddies carried our guns in the back window of our pickups. We took them to school and during ag class we would go out back and sight them in. We all carried knives also and the teachers would even ask us to borrow them. Never once was there a problem with any of that. I never even thought about using my gun or my knife as a weapon against another person.
I agree with you browntrout and it was like that minus the knives in my high school in the late 90's. If you were to go hunting before or after school you could check you're gun in with the principal and it would be kept safe until after school where you were allowed to leave with it. There was no freak out or media swarm because a gun was at school. As long as you were up front about it and let them know it wasn't a big deal but that could have been where I went to school. Kids routinely missed school for bringing in tobacco or drove tractors to school.