View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Owner and Administrator

Default Really, More regs and education !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
That is true but not exactly and "apples-apples" contrast. People die almost 4-1 in car related causes over firearm homicides. Cars are far more dangerous. Incidents which happend Friday draw more attention due to their nature and bring about the gun conversation.

Both causes of death could use a little better regulation/education in my opinion.
More regulatons/education in Car Deaths !!! .. Yea, It is a law but how do you stop Phone Texting? ... Constant Talking on cells phones driving on the interstate where you see drivers varying their speeds from 55 MPH to 75 MPH speeds... If it was a Buick or a Mercury Marquie I could understand old senior folks like myself (I don't drive like that, or do any of the above nor own either vehicle) Seat belts ... Education ??? We have spent Millions in Education on this subject in Tennessee ... It is kind of like all of the ads and $$$ spent on Teenage sex and Condoms ... Has anything changed ... NO!! Like a lot of our politcians ...Let's just through $$$ at it ... That will take care of it ...

It is time when people have to be definitive and and directly responsible for their actions and their family's action ... Conn Tragedy (She shielded here son from the outside world do to his type of Down Syndrome)

Quote here .. Both causes of death could use a little better regulation/education in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I would really like to know how you would fix it ...

What education would have prevented the kid to do what he did Friday ??? What law was broken ???
1. All three of these guns where legally bought by his mother who was in to sport shooting. He did not purchase them !! None where ASSAULT WEAPONS, I have a 1970 model 22 cal semi automatic Remington rifle .. Great hunting squirrel gun, The only difference beween my little 22 and the bushmaster ... was the cal. and game size .. It was designed for Deer, Bear, etc... And it was left in the trunk ... and not used in the school .. Which he killed her first.. (She must have really pissed him off ?? ) He could have used my Remington and done the same thing but when the dust settles ... My Remington will be legal and the AR15 won't because it looks like an assult weapon ... Folding stock, hand grips etc ... Hey It has to be the guns fault!! Just like SUV's are at fault because they wipe out a Smart car ???(Not the drivers) Or better yet it is the Semi Truckers Fault when he wipes out a SUV ... Where is the true logic ...

Okay let's call Autos Apples and Guns Oranges ... Keep them seperate ... Please answer the following questions ... Strictly your suggestions ...

2. OKAY .. I want to know directly ... What regulation/Education or law do you want to see on GUNS that would have prevented this Catastorphe last Friday ... ... That is not already in place !! (Oranges)

3. I want to see what reg/edu or law you would like to see to reduce the auto deaths in this country that is not already in place . (Apples)

Now I know of a few that could have helped the Conn Situation but that is MY OPNION ... I want to know what suggestions you have ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 12-18-2012 at 03:33 AM.