View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Default Yamaha F25 Review

Last year I wanted to upgrade my 14 x 48 Alumacraft river boat with a bigger engine, and Dave at Nashville Marine made me an offer I couldn't refuse and talked me into getting the new Yamaha F25. I had a 9.9 Merc 4 stroke on it, so this was pretty much a huge upgrade.

This motor is just awesome. First off - its LIGHT. At 125 lbs it was only a little heavier than the 9.9, and its DFI and easy to start, I didn't need a starting battery, so its actually LIGHTER than the 9.9 and battery combination.

That equates to HP to weight ratio, and in that light little boat it really just flies over the water. 26mph with 2 people - almost 30 by myself -plenty fast enough running the small waters I like to fish...

No choke -easy to pull - starts first pull - even after setting all winter. Quiet too. Has an electronic idle control so I can bump the idle up and down while running and actually trolls slower than the 9.9... Shift is positive and smooth -big upgrade from the Merc..

Anyway Best small outboard I have ever owned - hands down. Thought some might be interested here in checking them out..

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/ho...#specs-compare