View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I'm glad you made it up there Alphahawk, and glad you got to meet Chris. He really is an awesome guy, I try to stop in every couple weeks to see how he's doing, or that's what I tell my wife anyway.

I use the Drift Chute on lakes when the wind is going to be above 10mph. It really slows you down, it could also be used on john boats, canoes, or smaller bass boats. It works great on a kayak with an anchor trolly as you can move the chute to the front or rear easily if you want to float forward or backwards.

I've been using the STS aka Silent Traction System for about 2 years now. One thing that I have found with the Jackson Kayaks is there is some sort of wax or something that prevents the STS from sticking well, and it is best applied in temperatures over 60deg. With the Jackson Kayaks I would clean the area thourally and possibly rough up the surface you are applying it to. I've found it to stick just fine on my Wilderness Systems Kayaks, and Hobies. I've had it on the Jackson's now for about 2 years and it's doing alright with the prep work and hasn't worn at all.

Jeremy