View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by summertimeKen View Post
I made the trip down to Columbia last week and enjoyed it... it was a little chilly for kayak fishing, but well worth it. If you do, which lake do you like better? I believe they have 2 lakes open. I fished Shellcracker. Here is a video of one of 6 I caught last saturday... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdl4H...1&feature=plcp

-Ken
I fish Williamsport quite a bit early Spring through early Summer. I drive quite a distance to get to most spots I fish and Williamsport gives me some fun fishing and a break from driving so much. However I don't really target the Large Mouth there. Neither one of the lakes has a lot of cover. I put the kayak in and hunt out big Gills to catch. Both lakes do hold really big bass though. I have had several bass come up and inhale an 8 or 9 inch Gill I am fighting to the yak. These fish are in the 8 pound range...and it happens quite a bit too. For me both lakes fish the same. With the kayak I can find beds of Gills that have sometimes a hundred fish on it. While I have not caught any Gills that hit the pound mark from there....most run in the 1/2 with the occasional 3/4 pound fish. The lakes are close by and provide me with a fishing fix and a short break from driving so far.

Regards