View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
If you come down stream a little ways, where the Cache river empties into the White, you will find world class crappie fishing. You probably need to wait until after Feb 1, 2014 though. Duck season is on the eve of opening there and you have to be out of the area by 2:00 every day.
Thanks for the info Pookie but I have several places much closer than Arkansas for world class crappie fishing. But will keep it in mind when I am back out there....and I will be back out there many times. I am hoping when the dam is finished at Center Hill the Caney will get back to the past years when it was full of plump...fat....14 inch rainbows on just about every cast. The Caney already has world class brown trout fishing probably as good as the White...but as with all these tailwater trout fisheries they are so dependent on the release from the dams.....and with all the repair work going on at Center Hill it has to be a detriment somewhat to the fishing. Plus the word is that with the repair completed on Wolf Creek Dam the trout fishing on the Cumberland below there could become better than the White....only time will tell.

Regards