Thread: Ultralight gear
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 PM

Oh I worded that wrong, I'm ordering it from Cabelas for sure because I have a Cabelas Visa and get rewards points (free fishing lures). I'm not set on any particular brand but I was just curious if the 50-80 dollar range of UL rod/reel combos are really cheap quality. I fish mostly on weekends and when I move back to Cookeville, it will be once a week if I'm lucky because I'll be finishing my last two semesters of Engineering...not much free time! I'll check out the brands and models you listed and see if I can afford one right now. Thanks!

By the way, I don't know if you've read my post in your thread about Normandy or not but I'm getting much better at fishing the TM and these things are deadly. Some days I use it and get hit almost every cast. It's almost too easy but the challenge isn't hooking a fish, it's landing the fish on such light line. I'll be placing an order pretty soon for some more colors.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff