View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I have a pair of Triple Tails 580G Green Mirror, Blackfins 580P Copper, Man-O-Wars 580G Gray, Permit 400P Dark Amber.

For an all around lens for freshwater with not a lot of visibility I prefer the copper, and blue mirror. When I’m in the Gulf its blue mirror.

The 580G lenses are nice, but heavier. They block the harmful yellow light, and are more resistant to scratching. The 580P’s also block the yellow light, weigh less, won’t shatter, but more susceptible to scratches.

The 400 series do not block the yellow light, but all Costa’s are polarized.

I would try as many pair on as you can as the frames vary greatly and they have a frame to fit almost any face. I stepped on a pair around the end of April and sent them back. In less than 3 weeks later they showed back up in the mailbox they said they just replaced the lenses, but they looked like brand new glasses.

Trying on the glasses indoors is ok, but once you hit the outdoors with the 580 lenses it’s like seeing in HD, it’s just amazing.

I’m sure there are other great glasses out there, but being built in the USA, customer service, and quality is the best I have found. Even their call center is friendly and easy to understand.

Edit: The glass lenses fog up much easier also.

Last edited by Reel Tune; 07-06-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added what I thought is important info