View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
Sorry just now seeing these messages, I'm down for Dale Hollow anytime... I have only fished Dale Hollow once and I believe it was just the wrong time of the year. I know its THE smallmouth lake, but it seems like a difficult lake to fish, I really would like to go with ya and see how you fish it. I could throw a rock and hit Old Hickory so I spend most my time there, but also fish Center Hill a good bit. Smallmouth are really the only thing I fish for lol and I found a handful this year in the 4-5lb range on Old Hickory...
Dale Hollow used to intimidate me when I first started fishing it. The clear water just got to me and I wasn't comfortable fishing it. I finally got it and I love fishing there. Spring and summer are by far my strongest seasons on the lake. Quite frankly fall and winter I have traditionally sucked but I'm dedicated to figuring it out this winter. For whatever reason I just struggle when the lake is drawn down. At summer pool it's just easy to look at a navionics map and find fish. I'll figure it out and when I do you should join me. If I don't then it will be a blast come next spring because the smallmouth absolutely chew almost every day in the prespawn