View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttitan27 View Post
Yes but a few things come to mind. First the Corps doesn't have a police force to enforce this law. I have had conversations with Sheriffs deputies at the boat ramps before when I was open carrying and they had no problems whatsoever.

Second, here is a recent case where that law was challenged in Lewiston Idaho and it was ruled in favor of the carrier of the firearm. It is an interesting read. I believe I will take my chances and if need be I would take it to court like the lady in Idaho.

http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/n...s#.U_-STcVsh8E
The local Corp riding around has no lawful authority (so I was told). Also I have been told by others that TWRA officers have told them that they do not care so lond as you have a permit. Most law officers do not care. However, there is always one wanting to make a name for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
The entire lake is corps property, corps jurisdiction. I always announce to TWRA that I am carrying, when approached. No problems.
Pookie, I know it is Corp property. Still Metro Parks has authority at Hamilton Creek and it is posted as I stated earlier. I was talking to another fisherman at the ramp about carrying. He said even if you got arrested there is not much possibility of a DA prosecuting. This guy worked in the Davidson Cty courts.

I do not understand why I can have a firearm in my car on school property but not in a Metro park. Must be a Democrats law.