Thread: Costa Del Mar
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Wordty,

Here's some info to better inform you.

All Costa Del Mar sunglasses are hand made in Daytona Beach, Florida

400’s are produced in three different kinds of lenses (CR39, Polycarbonate, and 400) the 400’s just eliminate glare while the 580’s do that and make the reds, blues and greens more vibrant.

CR39 – Scratch resistant plastic

Polycarbonate – Weigh less, won’t shatter like glass so good for shooting, mostly offered in frameless glasses like aviators, eliminate glare

580Glass – Have the clearest visibility, eliminate Glare, no distortion near the edges of the lens, reduces yellow light, more vibrant reds, blues, and greens, heavier, can shatter (glass), will fog easier, and if left in the cold will fog while on your face until the glass comes up to temperature. Offered in copper, blue mirror, grey mirror, silver mirror, green mirror

580’s are typically the most expensive

I have a pair of Triple Tail’s coming with the 580G Blue Mirrors coming to me. These will be for fishing in the Gulf and south Florida.

As for frames I like a frame that will block light from coming in on the sides between my face and the glasses. My Man O' War's had removable side pieces that would block the light, but that’s one more piece you can loose, as to where the frames of the Triple Tail are larger on the side to reduce light in. As far as to what frames are the best it’s up to the individual user, and what fits their face the best. Lenses are a personal choice also where I like the blue mirror for the beach, amber for creeks and rivers where I may encounter shady areas or lower levels of light.

For what is best they are all good, it’s just what fits your style and preference.

Jeremy

Last edited by Reel Tune; 04-18-2012 at 10:58 AM.