View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 08:57 AM

Flatline, I just read through this, it has been a while since logging in. The only thing I can add to this now is my boat is a Nitro, different but still a Tracker product. These rigs tend to not need a lot of tweaking from the factory setups. It does sound like your trim gauge needs adjusting, it should move from the low end up past half way when up to top speed planed out. All the advice on taking off with the engine tucked, and trimming on plane are things I figured out on mine after playing around with it. Also the advice of getting up on consistent plane, then backing down is also spot on. One add'l thing is to look for your rig's sweet spot for efficiency. Mine is around 4200 rpms. It is comfortable, and I get the best fuel consumption there. Yours should be way better being a newer rig and I'm assuming a 4 stroke too which will be quiet and very good on fuel. I honestly think you are over thinking this. Go out there and run that thing, practice on looking for the ideal way to get off of plane and run it. Then if you still aren't happy, try to address it. I'll tell you I can't come anywhere close to operating at 20 MPH on plane, it is just a range that my rig won't stay on plane at.