View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Most know I fish by myself 95 percent of the time. I use a product on my bunks called Liquid Roller. It makes them extremely slick. I have Slick Bunk Teflon pads I need to put back on so I don’t have to keep buying the Liquid Roller. I back in and take the lock off the winch while I hold the handle. If I didn’t have a hold on the handle the boat will slide all the way off the trailer. I let the boat slide down just a few feet....lock the winch.....climb in start motor and put it in gear to take pressure off the winch hook. Reach over and undo hook and slide into the water. I will use a dock if one is there on rare occasions. My boat is aluminum and has a keel guard made of 1 inch extruded aluminum. Most of the time I just beach it next to ramp and tie it up. I do a lot of tailrace fishing and no docks below them. Nickajack just installed new cleats to tie to on what is best described as a concrete dock.....they also installed new rub rail on the side of this. One of these has been installed below Pickwick now also....but have not been there in a while. The older I get the less I like launching and retrieving by myself. Many times when launching I’ve been asked by quite a few folks if I need any help....I always decline but it’s pretty nice of folks to offer to help.

Regards