Thread: JPP waterlevel
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Those signs at Center Hill have been up for years since they drew the lake down about 10 years back. The lake level is now 641. They try to keep it at 630 all year long until the work on the dam is finished. But rain this time of year has brought the lake up. This summer is supposed to see the lake back to normal pool for first time in 10 years. But before that happens they are bringing the lake down to 622 to build new boat ramp to replace the one that was destroyed during repair of dam. The ramp will be on left side of dam as you face it from the lake. It will take several weeks to do the ramp. At 630 Center Hill is very low....can’t imagine what it will look like at 622. When the lake is brought back to normal pool....hopefully they stick to their schedule and actually do it this early summer.....fishing will be off the charts for several years. Fishing has been good there but it is nothing like it was when the lake was at normal elevations. I’m looking forward to it.

Regards

That is some great info and thank you very much... I'm looking forward to the new ramp. If I'm not mistaken, that area was where the construction equipment was while repairs were being made. In any case, that ramp will be a whole lot more convenient in any case.

One final question... excuse my ignorance, but you mention the lake being at 641 and dropping down to 628 and further to 622.. What are you talking about ? I know my dept finder was registering a dept of aprox 170' , so whats the 600's ?

Thanks