Thread: Percy Priest
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster View Post
I actually had a very similar issue happen to my 05 avalanche, backed down the ramp at shutes branch, loaded up my stratos, took it out of park and instally lost all my gears, like you said it was like I was in neutral, turned out my shift linkage broke, luckily a nice guy there happened to know exactly what to do and I was able to get the boat home and drop the truck off at the shop. I'm just thankful it was a slow evening at the ramp cause that area can get really busy.

My suggestion for crappie on old hickory would be to focus on the bigger creeks like drakes, cedar, station camp (east and west) and Spencer creek, all of those having really nice wood and big flats. I haven't been out on ohl this year but going off the Omohundro Wtr Plt gauge it's saying 61 degrees so the mid to upper parts of the creeks should be getting in the upper 60's and crappie should be in full spawn mode. If you coming from the south side there's a really nice boat ramp off hwy 109 in laguardo (upper part of Spencer creek) or there's another ramp mid creek called tyree access. Both ramps have courtesy docks and are rarely full especially on weekdays. Personally my favorite way of catching pre and post spawn crappie is to troll 1/16oz - 1/8oz jigs with either grubs or small swim baits, some small crankbaits also work really well. You'll also pickup catfish, drum, Yellow and white bass trolling those baits, it can really make for a fun day. I wouldn't be fishing anything deeper than 12ft.

Tight Lines 🤙
Tyler
Tyler, Thanks for the information. I will post something on here when I catch something....LOL. I did get a report from TN River south of the I-40 bridge. Almost a zilch. a few shorts and no keepers.
I think the trailer plug is fixed. Somehow it came partially unplugged. The dually is still not repaired. Needs a transmission control module. We had one and it was a bad one. Another one was shipped today. I will see.