View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcam93 View Post
12 oz.
That's a relatively heavy spinning reel. I don't think you're ever going to balance it with a 6'6" rod. You will be better off with a 7'6" rod, preferably with some good backbone. I'm not 100% sure which series the Quantum 40 series is, so double check the line capacity, but I assume at that weight you'll be spooling with 10 lb. or 12 lb. line.

I think my first choice would be an All Pro APX Atlantis series in a 7'6, medium action. According to their website, I think you're looking for the ALT76MS model number. That rod ought to be an ideal match for that rod - good bass rod for jigging, soft plastics, and maybe even some light hybrid fishing or saltwater flats for redfish and speckled trout.

Another good match would probably be the G. Loomis Bronzeback series in the 7'7" medium heavy action model.

Spend the extra money for a good, high quality graphite rod that doesn't weigh a lot. If you match a 12 oz. reel with a cheap graphite/glass composite rod that's heavy, it will feel like casting a brick by the end of the day.

bd

Last edited by bd-; 06-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.