Thread: Fishing line
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 11:59 PM

Default Fishing line

A couple of months ago I spooled up some Berkley Trilene XT on a couple of my BC's. I thought I had found some killer line when I had snagged the bottom and could NOT break it, no matter how hard I pulled.

Speed time up and I'm just beside myself with this line breaking by itself... I'm talking 2/3 down it the spool. 1st reel was cleaning up a slight backlash and I found myself holding 2 section of lines for no reason at all. Stripped it and replaced it with Stren.

A few days ago I'm casting a spoon and... well I have no idea where it went, but it took 3/4 of the spool with it... this time no reason at all. I have never had line break like this before. A friend of mine says the line weakens when it get kinked like during a backlash..

So I bought a spool of Kastking copolymer, haven't tried it yet... I also bought a spool of Kastking 20# braid which I put on today and made a dozen or two casts in the back yard and I have to say I like this line... It has a pretty nice feel to it and didn't feel like I was trying to cast wire. The only thing I don't care for is it sounds like I'm trying to saw my eyes in half.. LOL

Oh and that K9 stuff... talk about memory.. that stuff redefines curly.