Thread: Costa Del Mar
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtransplant08 View Post
Are there any good sunglasses out there that can be worn over your prescription glasses? I'd love to buy one of these, but I'd be blind without wearing my glasses. I have a pair of the Cocoon sunglasses from BPS, but I'm not really impressed with the results.
I spent 21 years working in the desert of Saudi Arabia. I can tell you how important sunglasses are. I won't get into a debate about Costa..Oakley...and so on. Until I started buying prescription sunglasses I used to wear FitOvers....the brand FitOvers. A lot of ex-patriots in Saudi used to wear FitOvers...at least until we reached the age of 40 and had to start wearing bifocals....LOL. Then most of us started buying scrip sunglasses. At the time they were made in Australia...now they are made in China. One of the differences now is you don't have the size selection in those that you used to. But they are still a good sunglass. My sunglasses are prescription so if I get from Oakley...Costa....locally....they are going to cost me three to four hundred dollars. No you won't get good eye protection from a 15 dollar pair of sunglasses....but if just a pair of sunglasses is all you want you don't have to spend 400 bucks either. However.....if you are getting a prescription sunglass get ready to shell out some money. Whatever I bought I would just makes sure it blocked the harmful UV...blocked intense light...eliminate glare...and block certain frequencies of light for what you are using them for. Sunglasses for fishing...golfing...need to block different frequencies than if you only used sunglasses for driving.

Regards