Thread: Costa Del Mar
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Fishing TN Staff

I had always thought it was hype and always bought the $20 BPS polarized glasses, and 2 years ago my wife surprised me with a pair of Costas with the 580 Glass lenses. I was a little upset with her spending the money until I put them on my face. Now I've looked thru other well known manufactures polarized glasses, but after I put these on it was like I was looking in HD. Yeah when HD TV's came out I didn't buy that hype either. Everything is so crystal clear, vibrant, there is no distortion at the edge of the lens. The polarization and lens color is sandwiched between glass so it you happen to scratch or chip them which is difficult it will still have the tent and you would se a bright streak.

When she gave me my 1st pair of Costas we were fishing in the Gulf I arrived at the beach and I got goose bumps from the views. Now I have lived 20 min from the beach for several years, and after moving from Florida we still frequently went down to fish, but I had never seen the sand, sky and water like I had seen it that day. My wife was wearing a pair of other polarized sunglasses well over $150 and she couldn't see a bait pod I was watching until I put my Costas on her face, and when I did her smile grew.

There's my true Costa story.

Now there are other glasses out there that are good, but in my opinion and that's my opinion Costa are the best.

Jeremy