Thread: priest hybrids
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Jeffslowe, sorry, it is true, I have been doing this for several years. Now they normally do not blow up, but the topwater bite from about midnight to daylight is when it can be the absolute best. Not ALL the time, not every single trip, but it can be very consistent and at times will last for as long as a couple hours of either catching a fish, have a fish on or fish pushing or blowing up on the topwater bait most every single cast. You got one part right, it can be "hunting" at times, I will have trip or a few trips in a row where I catch absolutely nothing, but when I find them it is about my favorite of all fishing.

yup gotcha....just make sure your on the water at midnight, whoop at the top of your lungs for a couple hours to call em in, scoop em up with the net, then throw em in the tow sack....

The walleye guys are almost as bad... was out at upper Center Hill this week throwing jerk baits trying to catch one... and when the sun goes down in that gorge you might as well have a sack thrown over your head for all you can see. No walleyes, but did catch a 5lb bass first cast, then caught another same size a couple minutes later..then gave up and started walleye trolling and caught exactly nada. So went back the next night just to fish for bass...hoping to catch walleyes...nope, and no more 5lbrs either.

But the musky snipe hunters are pretty bad too. Probably worst of all...I ask my musky guide buddy to send me a pic every now and then just to remind me they actually exist.....knowing full well its probably the same catch taken from 15 different angles to make it look like its a different fish...to keep me motivated when i might go a month without even seeing one...But at least you don't musky fish at midnight or when its twenty below....

not yet anyway..