View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 07:22 PM

Thx guys, I appreciate the input.

I've been looking up a lot of the various models to figure out some of the differences, it seems like you can find good reviews on a wide range of different kayaks, all across the price spectrum.
I'm guessing if I took a stock under $600 kayak out and then took a stock over $1000 one out right after that, I'd probabluy notice big differences in comfort and performance, and probably find a lot more built in options on the more expensive one.

I may make the trip to hook1 or at the least hit some local stores. We've got Sportsmans Warehouse, Bass Pro and Dick's here, and 1 or 2 smaller places that may be a little closer to hook1 in terms of service as well.

The comfort element will be pretty important to me (I'm used to big boats ), and I think Alpha is probably right about not wanting to use it if it's uncomfortable.

Again, thanks for the comments and any beginner advice you have, I'd appreciate it.
I've been looking at the various battery options for electronics, various anchor ideas, all of the things you guys probably went through when you started
I'll let y'all know what I end up with, it won't happen tomorrow but I'll probably settle on something within the next couple of months.

Basically, I'm looking for:
- SOT
- 11' -13' range
- Good quality seat
- Reasonable weight
- Good Stability
Does that sound about right?? Any other must haves?
I'm pretty comfortable rigging everything out, my boats all have their share of screw holes, I just want to make sure I get a good platform and go from there.

Last edited by mfbab; 11-23-2014 at 07:27 PM.