View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM

Default Issue Making Chatterbaits

With the recent success I've had with the Z-man Chatterbait I decided to try some of my own creations if I could find the blades for sale. I found them here:

http://lurepartsonline.com/Online-St...-Blades_2.html

If you scroll down you'll see the "related items" and surely can figure out what I was doing here. I wanted to try some new stuff like a jighead with the dancer blade and a skirt and use a finesse worm or swimbait as a trailer rather than that weird forked tail thingy that comes with the chatterbaits...which I've never used.

With the vertical eye of the jighead, no split ring is needed. Just slide the blade on and attach the snap and bingo. I've noticed though that a lot of times, in the middle of my retrieve, the blade gets "stuck" and rather than a fancy vibrating lure that I want to entice bass to eat, I wind up with a lure spinning in circles causing line twisting. I have to jerk really hard to make it swim right again and sometimes that doesn't even work. This totally ruins the presentation to the fish.

Any suggestions?

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff