View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 02:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by culprit7.5 View Post
Went out on JPP last night, launched at 7:40. Had dragging plastics on the brain and that's what we stayed with. Had onesies-twosies here and there till 10 or so, then we got into a few schools. Our best spots were small shale to pea gravel points near main lake. All fish caught between the bridge and Elm Hill. We did catch one here and there off big rock but nothing worth staying for. As the moon got up around midnight, the bite got even better. It took my fried going through 7-8 smallies before he caught the first LM. No big deal, but worth mentioning as we were talking about how you were lucky to find the smallies on JPP years ago. Anyway, we caught them on Texas rigged craws, C-rig baby brush hogs, and the Ned Rig, (which was the most productive for us). Used both sizes of the TRD worm, both finesse and the 4 incher and had great results. Disected each area and focused on finesses presentation and it worked. We were well into double digits for the night. Something I've never had happen though...we started catching hybrids on almost every cast for a while on the dang Ned Rig of all things! I've caught plenty on flukes, top water, and jerkbaits. But never on a plastic stick bait. They were hammering it. Weights were all 5.5# + easily. Ripping drag hard as they tried to run al the way to knoxville. Great fight on 6# line. Wrapped up around 2:30 and it was a perfect beautiful night around 72 degrees. Clear skies, no boats running all over, and just a slight 2-3 mph breeze occasionally.
Thanks for reading

Thank You for your nice report