View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Here is a post from a well known, conservation minded, long time striper and hybrid guide here in Tennessee.....

Time to think about catch and release mortality. Two out of every three fish you catch and release will die when the water is above 75° which is where we are right now. Two fish per person is the limit. Catching 20 fish with three people means that you probably killed at least half which is four over their limit. Just saying be aware of how many will die when the water is above 75° which is where we are right now. Two fish per person is the limit. Catching 20 fish with three people means that you probably killed at least half which is four over their limit. Just saying be aware.
Even though you don't know me or have never even met me, I know you either just don't like me or hate me. I really don't know why you think you need to call me out or lecture me but you are for sure one person I do not care what you think, but I will reply.

Thank you for telling me the limit, I did not know there was one. Since you didn't mention it, I guess you don't know there is a length limit, it is 15". What a joke. I am personal friends with several game wardens. talk to them all throughout the year. I do my best to follow every law.

For the catch and release thing, I have heard that many times. And, well, I catch them and I release them. I do try to catch them on big enough tackle that it does not take a long time to land them. I rarely, if ever, keep a striper or a hybrid, I don't care to eat them. If I do decide to keep 1 or 2, I have a couple friends who love to eat them.

And, are you telling me, if 3 people catch 20 hybrids, and let them go, they have killed 10? They are over the limit even though they let them go. I believe you need to go to the TWRA and have the law changed to say above 75 degree water temp, you can only CATCH 2 HYBRIDS OR 2 STRIPERS OR ONE OF EACH AND THEN YOU HAVE TO GO HOME. What happens if you are bass fishing and you catch 3 hybrids and let them go while fishing for bass? You are one over the limit. Yes there is a time in the summer on Priest when BIG hybrids, 10 lbs and over will kill a crankbait in 20 -25 feet of water. I have caught them, a bunch of them, in water that the surface temp was in the 80's. I guess I should gotten a ticket for that even though I let all of them go.

Maybe, all fishing should be banned when the temp is over 75 degrees?

If you have a problem with me catching hybrids and letting them go, then get the law changed. Until that happens, when I get lucky and catch them I will.

I apologize for the rant, but this guy has called me names, made fun of me, etc. and sometimes a person just has to say something back.

Oh, my depth finder said the water temp was 75.2 this morning. We caught close to 40 hybrids and let them all go. We were 30 + fish over the limit. I have a couple wardens cell phones if you want to call them.

Last edited by Headhunter; 05-24-2019 at 08:40 AM.