Thread: Braid?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 PM
ALANRAYG2

I have tried braid on about everything. what I have found is....flipping it is a pain in the bottom. It will twist around every little twig in the buck bushes. Cranking it will cause the lure to tear free from the fish.....no stretch. Carolina it will help help for sensitivity. Crappie I like Fireline. I will tie directly to the lure. sauger fishing I will use 20lb on the main line a swivel and 12 to 15lb big game for a leader. In any application get hung up is a pain. You have to have a stick of wood to wrap the line around to break it. WARNING It will cut you!!! I like to banjo a hung-up. This is almost impossible with braid unless you have a very limber rod. I can banjo a crappie jig and it will straighten a hook. A flipping jig or carolina you will almost always break them off. Fishing in grass I have been told that it is great as it will cut thru the grass. I do not have first hand knowledge in that application. Then there are always the wind knots.......I have use 20 and 30lb braid for fishing specks and reds in Louisiana. Works great on spinning tackle. good luck if you try it. I do not recommend Nanofil. I made a posting the other on here.