View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
One thing I forgot to add in my report was a little detail that I noticed but I'm not exactly sure how to interpret the information to help me catch more fish. All of the smallmouth that we caught had either mud or clay on their bellies. Obviously that means that they have been sitting tight to the bottom but other than throwing something on the bottom I'm not sure if I can take that information and catch more fish with it. I also noticed on the graph all day that all of the fish that I was seeing were sitting right on the bottom until late in the day. We pulled up to one point late in the day and I noticed fish suspended on the graph so For the first cast I picked up a jerkbait. I jerked it about 3 times before a 3lb smallmouth about ripped it out of my hands. Do any of you guys know a good tip for catching more fish when you know they are tight to the bottom?
I have had luck using a dropshot with a roboworm on the hook 6" above the weight. You cast to those fish, not the drop-down video game version of the dropshot. Slowly drag it back after you cast, pause and shake. If you want to drop down, use a damiki rig. I like 1/4 oz with the Damiki armor shad. Look at your graph and drop it to the bottom and slowly lift it until you are about a foot or less from the fish you marked.